Are Infographics still worthwhile for SEO?
According to Impressive Digital – Dallas SEO Company, the answer is yes, but not in the way you may think.
When you create an infographic, you’re creating a piece of content that’s easy to share. That’s because infographics are:
- Visual – They take advantage of our visual nature by presenting information through images and text. This makes them easy to understand and remember.
- Easy to digest – Infographics are generally short and sweet, so they don’t require a lot of time or attention from your readers.
- Interesting – Infographics have the power to make even the most mundane topics more engaging and entertaining.
What Is an Infographic?
An infographic is a visual representation of information or data. It can take the form of a chart, graph, map, or diagram. Infographics can be used to visually explain complex concepts in a way that’s easy to understand and remember.
Infographics were first introduced in 1987 by Sir Charles Joseph Minter who was trying to create a better way to display charts in newspapers. Since then, they’ve become increasingly popular among bloggers and marketers alike as a way of making complex topics easier to understand for readers.
Why do people like infographics?
Infographics are one of the most popular types of content online today. In fact, according to a report by Infographic World, over 80% of marketers use them. Why do so many people love them so much? Because they’re easy to digest and understand. They’re also fun to look at!
People like to share things on social media because it makes them feel good about themselves or their brand — it’s an ego booster (this is why you see so many Instagram photos with quotes from famous people). Infographics make people feel good about sharing them because they’re like mini-works of art that quickly convey key information in an interesting way. And if you create something that people want to show off on social media, you can bet it’s going to go viral!
Infographics have been around since the dawn of the internet, but they have recently become one of the most popular forms of content marketing. This is because they are an extremely effective way to build links, boost traffic and help your SEO efforts.
There are many different types of infographics that you can create, including:
- Listicles – Listicle posts are made up of several points or ideas that all relate to each other in some way. You can use these listicles for any topic imaginable!
- How-To Guides – A how-to guide is a step-by-step instruction on how to accomplish something specific, such as how to change the oil in car or how to set up an email account with Gmail. These types of posts tend to attract people who are looking for specific answers rather than general information about a topic they’re interested in.
- Statistics – Statistics are numerical facts about your industry or niche that you can include in your infographics so that they look more professional and convincing when you share them on social media sites
Turn complex into easy
They make complex information easy to understand. People have limited attention spans and don’t have time to read through long articles or blog posts. With an infographic, you can condense complex information into a simple visual format that people can quickly scan through.
They help you rank higher in search results by encouraging social sharing on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. When people share your infographic on these sites, it sends signals to Google that there is interest in what you’re saying (which makes them more likely to show it at the top of their results).