Mozy: Try Again Button is Disabled Fix
I recently ran into an issue where the “Try Again” button in Mozy was disabled, preventing me from backing up my data. I use Mozy for backing up my data because like the fact that I can backup my data online and to an external, portable hard drive automatically, or when I choose. The file backup is handled by the application, so I don’t have to worry about missing any files.
The problem with the “Try Again” button, however, has been a pain for me as it prevents me from backing up my data. It isn’t always disabled, but at times when I start my desktop, the button is not enabled. While I haven’t found a complete solution to prevent this from happening, the steps outlined in this post allow me to re-enable the button without restarting.
Enabling the Try Again Button in Mozy
I’m not sure why Mozy disables the “Try Again” button, maybe it couldn’t finish a backup in the past, but whatever the case, it prevents me from manually starting the backup.
To correct the issue, I use the following steps:
- I click the “Start” button on the Windows taskbar, and then enter “services.msc” in the search bar. This opens the “Services” console window.
- I find the “Mozy Backup Service” service in the list, and then right-click the name and select “Stop”. After a few moments, the service is stopped.
- I then open “Windows Explorer” by pressing “Windows Key+E”, and navigate to the “C:\Program Files\Mozy\Data” directory.
- I rename the “Resume.dat” file to “Resume.old”. This will remove any partial backup file from executing once I re-enable the service.
- I then return to the “Services” console window and right-click “Mozy Backup Service” and select “Start”.
Once the service has restarted, the “Try Again” button is once again re-enabled in the Mozy application window.