If you have a mobile phone, it’s important that you keep it safe. Whether you want to protect your data, or your phone, there is an app you can use! Don’t wait around for something bad to happen to your phone before you install something to protect it. You can easily find apps to locate your phone, protect the data on your phone, and even prevent anyone but you from accessing your most personal information.
1. Picture Safe – One of the most downloaded iOS privacy apps on the market, Picture Safe is available for $1.99 and allows you to easily lock and protect your photos. If you’re afraid of someone attempting to steal your photos, you can even create a decoy location and hide them on your phone so that only you will ever be able to access them. You can have the GPS location and photograph of persons attempting to steal your photos emailed to you, and in case you forget your password, have it emailed to you in a reminder.
2. Stop Mobile Spam – Most of us know what it’s like to get spam, and everyone hates it. The app works for Android or iOS and can be accessed via the internet for other phones. It works quite simply by allowing you to submit your phone number to be removed from spam directories. Eventually, this would completely stop any spam calls or texts you might be receiving to your phone.
3. Biometric Fingerprint Access – This unique app is available for iOS and Android and is really quite self-explanatory. For anyone unfamiliar with the process, Biometric Fingerprint Access allows you to set a fingerprint lock on your phone. It only unlocks when you touch the screen with your own unique fingerprint. If you’re afraid of someone (pesky friends, thieves, parents, jealous spouse) getting into your phone, this is definitely a great app to consider.
4. SeekDroid Anti-Theft – If you want phone security but aren’t looking for something quite as austere and (expensive) as an actual anti-virus system, SeekDroid anti-theft is a cute little privacy app for Android that you will love. The app allows you to find your android via GPS, wipe the device, set off a sound alarm and lock your device so that no one else can use it. Plus, you can even hide the app icon so that no one can see you have it, and therefore cannot remove it.
5. Gallery Lock – The Picture Safe for iOS for Android, Gallery Lock is a great Android app that lets you hide photos and videos in your gallery. Gallery lock is one of the top ten Android Apps on Google Play, and one of the best apps of the year! The app allows you to safely store your photos without risking your privacy. You can even choose to hide some photos while leaving non-personal pictures for everyone to see.
There are plenty of other privacy apps out there for Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry phones. If you don’t see what you’re looking for here, feel free to look around for other great options.