Packt is pleased to announce the publication of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Security Cookbook, a new book that helps to secure SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS). Readers will learn to master techniques for data and code encryption, user authentication and authorization, denial-of-service attacks and SQL Injection.
About the Author
Rudi Bruchez: Rudi Bruchez is an Independent Consultant and Trainer based in Paris, France. He has 15 years of experience with SQL Server. Since 2006, he has been providing consulting and audits as well as SQL Server training. He has co-authored one of the best-selling books about the SQL language in French, which was published in 2008 and is the only French book about SQL Server optimization.
The book starts with installing and securing the SQL Server with recipes such as managing service SIDs, configuring a firewall for SQL Server access and encrypting the session by SSL. Using cipher algorithms, SQL developers will learn about symmetric keys, asymmetric keys and certificates, which can be used to encrypt data or sign data and modules.
The Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Security Cookbook addresses internal security such as creating logins to connect to SQL Server and grant privileges to secure objects on the server or inside the database. Developers will learn to monitor SQL Server logs and use DML and DDL trigger for auditing. They will be able to use a SQL or Web Application Firewall, and manage object ownership and protect data through views and stored procedures.
Essential chapters covered in this book are:
- Chapter 1: Securing Server and Network
- Chapter 2: Authentication and User Privilege
- Chapter 3: Protecting the data
- Chapter 4: Data and code encryption, and securing code
- Chapter 5: Fighting Attacks and Injection
- Chapter 6: Securing tools and high availability
- Chapter 7: Auditing and Compliance
- Chapter 8: Securing Business Intelligence
Packt has also published other Microsoft SQL server related titles:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Performance Tuning Cookbook (July 2012).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services: An Expert Cookbook (May 2012).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services (July 2011).
About Packt Enterprise
All Microsoft books are Published by Packt Enterprise. Packt Enterprise is a publishing division of Packt Publishing designed to serve the information needs of IT Professionals in the Enterprise space. Packt Enterprise publishes books on Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Citrix, Java, Amazon, and SAP among other technologies.