How to Save Vimeo Videos as MP3s Using Movavi Screen Capture
As one of the popular video sharing platforms, Vimeo definitely has quite a lot of great content published on it. However what often stands out about it compared to most of its rivals is the fact that unlike them it is possible to download and save videos – assuming you’re a subscriber and the video owner allows it.
That being said if you wanted to save a Vimeo video as an MP3 (i.e. audio only), then you’d have to download and then convert it into an audio file using a file converter.
Rather than having to sign up for an account, check the video’s privacy settings and then download and convert the video, it is actually a lot easier to just use Movavi Screen Capture to begin with as it will let you do all of that without half the hassle.
By using Movavi Screen Capture to grab the Vimeo video directly from your screen, you won’t need to sign up and can save any video you want as an MP3 directly. To save Vimeo to MP3 just:
- Launch Movavi Screen Capture and select Record screen in the main menu.
- Set the capture frame as and how you please (it doesn’t matter since you will be saving it in an audio-only format).
- Check that the System Audio icon is highlighted (click it once if not) so that the audio from the Vimeo video is captured.
- Click REC and play the video at the same time.
- Click Stop when you want to stop the recording.
- Click Save as and select MP3 from the list of formats available then click Save.
Of course if you want you could save the Vimeo video itself – just be sure that the capture frame is set up to record the area where it is playing, and select a video format (such as MP4) instead of MP3 when you’re saving it.
Alternatively you could use the presets to automatically set up the optimal video format and settings for a specific device or platform.
At the same time it would be worth your while to explore the other features in Movavi Screen Capture and use them to set the frame rate, capture keyboard and mouse actions, trim out unnecessary content, control the audio levels, and so on.
All said and done it should be clear just how much more convenient it is to be able to grab any videos off Vimeo and save them as MP3s using Movavi Screen Capture directly.
Once you try doing so for yourself, odds are you won’t want to use any other method because of how fast and easy it is.