Every day a huge number of different events happen in the Internet, and if you are an owner of an interesting and popular blog, you need to know and follow them. The fast popularization of mobile devices, smartphones and tablets in particular, has led to appearance of new type of blogging – a mobile one. Such mobile platforms as iOS and Android give its users great opportunities to make note and make publications wherever they are.
More and more useful apps are being developed now, but the main top remains. That is why I would like to make a short review of some interesting mobile apps for bloggers and webmasters.
- It is a well-known fact that WordPress is the most popular platform for blogging. The application for the iPhone and Android has the same name and allows you to create new records, edit drafts, respond to comments and make all other usual things with your blog directly from your smartphone. Besides, the mobile developers are constantly improving WordPress. Currently, the application allows even upload photos that you’ve done on camera.
- I believe that every more or less serious blogger has a Twitter account today. That’s why it is almost a must to have such an app installed in your iPhone or Android phone.
- Evernote is a perfect solution for those users who are looking for a way to somehow organize their work and put everything on the shelves. With Evernote, you can easily organize all the incoming information, and then it is easy to find. Service allows you to add pictures, text notes, audio and even video files. The application has a simple and convenient interface, as well as an elaborate search function on the stored material.
- Another good app is Analytics Agent Lite (iPhone). It’s easy to use the app to view the site statistics provided by the service Google Analytics. Using a free version you can see the main parameters (number of visitors and views, views per visitor, and so on) as well as traffic sources. Application gAnalytics can also be used to access the analytics site from every corner of the planet, if you have access to the Internet.
- Instapaper is a convenient online service that allows you to save web pages just to be able to read them when you have free time. The application has a nice lay out. In addition, Instapaper automatically changes the font of the original article and adjusts it to the size of your device in such a way to make it easier to view your saved pages.
- Facebook is the most popular social network in the world. Every day the service is used by several hundred million people around the world. That is why it is not surprising that I have included this application in the review. With the Facebook for iPhone and Android, you will be able to post links to new blog posts, status updates, and read the news of your friends.
- You should always be online, not only in social networks, but also in the Internet Messager. Quite often you need to discuss with your co-workers some questions or clarify any information. You can use Skype, ICQ, Google Talk, or other similar service to do this. Or you just can install Fring application which supports all the services mentioned above and allows you to make VoIP calls as well as provides an opportunity to chat.
- Ability to receive information and to respond to it is the main function of any mobile devices. That’s why bloggers have to appreciate opportunities to make it as fast as possible. With the application MobileRSS (for iPhone) or RssDemon (Android) you can view your RSS-feeds. The apps have a built-in sync with your account at Google, so you can automatically import your subscriptions.
- Photoshop Express is one of the best mobile photo editors that allow you to make all necessary changes in photos you want to add to your blog posts.
- It’s no secret that many bloggers not only have their online diaries, but also earn some money using their sites. So, installation of AdSense Dashboard application, which allows read data and statistics on the account, will solve lots of problems.
I think that’s it. I have mentioned the most important mobile apps every blogger should have. Unfortunately, not all of these apps are free, but they worth the money you will spend on them. When all of the applications are installed, you will increase your productivity and will be able to create drafts and publish full posts in your own blog, using any mobile gadget.